IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
You must read this Policy carefully and we recommend that you print and retain a copy for your future reference. By browsing or otherwise using this Website, you must have read this Policy.
When we say “MO&Co.”, “us”, “our” or “we” in this Policy, we are referring to 广州摩购电子商务有限公司, a company incorporated under the Laws of the People’s Republic of China, whose registered office is located at No.397, Xingang Middle RD, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, PRC.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”), 广州摩购电子商务有限公司 is the “data controller” (as defined in the GDPR) of the personal data, when it determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
In addition, under the GDPR:
*“personal data” means any information relating to you and that identifies you, directly or indirectly;
*“processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
* What personal data do we collect and for what purposes?
* Where do we process your personal data?
* Who may access your personal data?
* How long do we store your personal data?
* How do we secure your personal data?
* What are your data protection rights?
* Changes to our Policy
* How to contact us?
* How to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority?
What personal data do we collect and for what purposes?
*We collect the following data:
- identity information e.g. user name and e-mail address
- order related information e.g. delivery address, delivery fee, telephone number, name of recipient, product selections, quantity, price, tax; and
- payment information e.g. your PayPal account
You directly provide MO&Co. with all the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you: register online or place an order for any of our products or services; participate in our promotional operations; and use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
If you do not provide the above personal data, this may affect the goods and services that we can provide.
*We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer relationship management where we mainly collect identifying data such as your username and your e-mail address;
- Management of the orders where we collect information such as your e-mail address, delivery address, telephone number and name of recipient, product selections, and payment information via PayPal;
- Organization of promotional operations where we collect data such as your user name and your e-mail address;
- Management of the after-sale service when MO&Co. answers to requests regarding our products or our brand if you contact us at CustomerHelp@moco.com;and
- Analysis of the ergonomy of our Website via some cookies or other similar technologies allowing us to collect information about your online browsing, such as the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit.
*Legal basis for processing your personal data is as follows:
- Processing of data relating to customer relationship management and management of your orders are either based on the performance of a contract between you and MO&Co. (e.g. when you create an account with us or you order a product from us), or based on our legitimate interests (transaction security helps us to prevent fraud);
- Legal basis to process data in view of the organization of promotional operations is the performance of a contract between you and MO&Co. (to allow you to participate in such operation);
- When you send a request regarding our products or our brand, processing of your data is based on your specific consent; and
- Processing linked to the ergonomy of our Website and the development of statistics is based either on our legitimate interests for the cookies used to improve our Website and to ensure it functions properly and it is secure and safe, or on your specific consent for all the other cookies (e.g. to run statistics). For more information, please refer to our “Cookies” section below.
Where do we process your personal data?
- Internet is used in a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data involves the transmission of data on an international basis. The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, accessed in and stored at, a destination outside the EU/EEA, e.g. China, these data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of any applicable regulations regarding data protection without undermining your statutory rights.
- From time to time we may transfer personal data to recipients in a third country not being approved by European Commission as a safe country for such transfer (adequacy decision), MO&Co. will, whenever applicable, use Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure an equivalent level of protection as granted within the EU/EEA or other lawful grounds for transfer. And whenever appropriate, we implement additional safeguard measures, such as encryption, pseudonymisation and strict access controls.
Who may access your personal data?
We will treat all your personal data as confidential. Information about our customers is important and protecting your privacy is essential to us, we do not share your personal data with any third parties other than for the limited reasons specified below.
We will only disclose data to:
- Other companies within our Group as stated above;
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf; and
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with legal obligations or protect some rights.
We share personal data with other companies within our Group (as stated above) which follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Policy for the purpose of unified data management.
We share personal data on a limited basis with trusted suppliers we use to perform operations on our behalf. These suppliers can assist us by delivering our products to you. We only provide them with personal data they need to perform their services and we ask them to commit to use your data only for specific listed purposes. We will always use our best efforts to make sure that these third parties will keep your personal data secure and confidential.
We release account and other personal data when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Policy, or protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal data for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Policy.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose for which it has been collected or to meet our legal obligations:
- We keep the data relating to the creation of an account (e.g. your user name and e-mail address) until you request us to delete them;
- Data relating to product order (e.g. your delivery address, telephone number and the name of recipient) will be kept until you update or delete them in your account, if you select to save as default data when you place an order on the Website, otherwise such data will be kept for the duration of our contractual relationship linked to the management of the order;
- Data relating to product order (e.g. you payment information via PayPal) will be kept for the duration of our contractual relationship linked to the management of the order; When you take part in promotional operations, your data will be kept for the duration of such operation;
- When you send us a request regarding our products or our brand, your data will be kept for the time necessary to handle such request; and
- Personal data within cookies set on your terminal will be kept for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose for which it has been collected, and for the retention period of each cookie please refer to our “Cookies” section below.
How do we secure your personal data?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to address the risks corresponding to our use of your personal data, including loss, alteration, or unauthorised access to your personal data, and empowering you to exercise your rights. We require our service providers to do the same through contractual agreements. However, you should be aware that any transmission of your personal data through the internet is at your own risk. We can only protect your personal data when we have it.
*What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or smartphone to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Website, we collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
*What types of cookies do we use?
Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are necessary to maintain our services and cannot be switched off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, such as creating an account or saving a wish-list for later. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but that can make some parts of the Website not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance cookies - These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic so we can collect insights like which pages are the most popular and see how visitors move around the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore, anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not be able to provide you with a tailored experience.
- Keep you signed in;
- Establish traffic statistics (number of visits, page views, abandonment during the order process) to monitor and improve the quality of our services;
- Adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your terminal; and
- Memorize information entered in forms, manage and secure access to specific and personal places such as your account, manage your shopping cart. We will send you e-mails to keep you informed of the status of your order: you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each e-mail
When you access our Website, one or more cookies from our providers (“third-party cookies”) may be placed on your device via the pages of our Website or via content displayed in our advertising spaces.
The cookies placed on our Website by the providers we use to promote our activities and our offers are designed to:
- Identify the products seen or purchased on our Website in order to personalize the advertising offer sent to you when you access other websites;
- Send you MO&Co. offers by email if you have authorized them when registering.
The cookies contained in the advertising spaces of our Website are intended to establish statistics on advertisements (such as how many times it was displayed, which advertisements were displayed, number of users having clicked on each advertisement etc.)
The issue and use of third-party cookies are subject to the privacy policies of these third parties. We have no access or control over third-party cookies. However, we make sure that the partner companies treat the information collected on our Website exclusively for our needs and in compliance with any applicable regulations.
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved in your device or, in order they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer.
You can also configure your browser so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you punctually, before a cookie is likely to be registered in your device.
If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to make purchases or take advantage of essential features of our Website, such as keeping products in your cart or receiving personalized recommendations. The configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your wishes for cookies. You will find more information on how to eliminate or control cookies on allaboutcookies.org.
*How to manage cookies?
You can at any time disable your non-essential cookie by withdrawing your consent. You manage your cookie consents in Cookie Settings of this Website.
You can also set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Website features may not function as a result.
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to access - You have the right to request MO&Co. for a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that MO&Co. correct or complete any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) - You have the right to request that MO&CO erase your personal data if these data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or if you withdraw your consent. We might have to keep some personal data to meet legal requirements or legitimate interests though.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that MO&Co. restrict the processing of your personal data where one of the following applies:
- If you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, processing shall be restricted for a period enabling us to verify such accuracy;
- When processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- If we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but they are required by you to establish, exercise or defend your legal claims;
- When you have objected to processing based on legitimate interests, processing shall be restricted for a period enabling the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to MO&Co.’s processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, where processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests. You also have the right to object at any time to processing for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that MO&Co. transfer the data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller where the processing is based on your consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means. You have also the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller where technically feasible.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, unless this decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and MO&Co. or is based on your explicit consent.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you have reasons to think that your rights on your personal data are infringed by MO&Co..
Please note that we may ask you additional information necessary to confirm your identity to exercise your rights.
If you make a request, we have one (1) month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: CustomerHelp@moco.com.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 16. For the processing of the personal data of a child below the age of 16, the consent of the holder of parental responsibility is necessary. We shall make reasonable efforts to verify in such a case that consent is given or authorized that way, taking into consideration available technology.
Changes to our Policy
We may need to update our Policy. The latest version of the Policy is always available on our Website.
This Policy was last updated: July 23, 2021.
Effectuated Changes to previous Version: /.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions about our Policy or the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: CustomerHelp@moco.com.
How to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority?
You have the right to file a complaint with the local authority if you are not happy with how we have handled any of your rights listed above.
We invite you to first share and discuss your concerns and complaints about how we handle your individual rights and use your personal data with us, so we can promptly address, and hopefully resolve your concerns and complaints.